For the overwhelming majority of people, gambling is a recreational entertainment. However, for a small portion of people (estimated internationally at 5% of regular gamblers), excessive gambling may become a problem, and in some, may result in damaging compulsive addictive behavior. The National Responsible Gambling Programme (“the NRGP”) provides help to these people, so that they can regain control of their lives.
The NRGP offers its service free of charge to persons who have gambling problems or to those persons who are affected by problem gambling, such as family members.
SUNCOAST Casino, Hotels & Entertainment supports responsible gambling and further recognizes the need for the protection of minors from gambling. SUNCOAST Casino, Hotels & Entertainment, amongst other gambling establishments, contributes significantly towards the funding of the NRGP. This has made it possible for free services to be made available to persons who have gambling problems or to those who are affected by problem gambling.
An exclusion programme has been implemented at SUNCOAST Casino, Hotels & Entertainment to assist persons who may have gambling problems. The programme supplements the NRGP and it further promotes the values, objectives and purpose of the NRGP.
If you or someone you know needs assistance with a gambling problem, please contact the National Responsible Gambling Programme Tollfree Helpline 0800 008 006.
How do I know if I or someone I know has a gambling problem?
· There are definite warning signs to look out for that could indicate problem gambling.
· CLICK HERE to take a self-check quiz or to view the criteria considered in making such a determination.
How do I apply for exclusion on the Suncoast Casino responsible gambling programme?
· The SUNCOAST Casino, Hotels & Entertainment responsible gambling programme adheres to the requirements of
applicable gambling Legislation. It further promotes indirectly the objectives and purpose of the NRGP.
· Exclusion documentation is available upon request from the Casino Security department. Trained Security Officers will
assist with the processes to complete the exclusion documentation.
· Detailed brochures relating to problem gambling and the NRGP are available at the Cash Desk and Club Desk booths in the
Who can apply?
· The person who has a gambling problem.
What happens when a person is excluded from the casino under the Suncoast Casino responsible gambling programme?
· The casino will take reasonable measures to identify the excluded person with the aim of preventing him/her from accessing the gambling areas or from participating in gambling. The onus, however, is still on the excluded person to refrain from gambling or from accessing the gambling areas.
· The excluded person, if a registered Loyalty Club Member, is removed from the Casino’s Club Member mailing list.
· The excluded person’s casino loyalty club card is terminated, where applicable.
· A warning flag is activated on the excluded person’s Cash Desk profile, where applicable.
· If the excluded person enters the gambling area or participates in gambling whilst he or she is under exclusion, the Casino may arrest and charge him/her criminally for trespassing.
· The excluded person cannot claim for any losses and or damages from the Casino. He or she is also not entitled to any winnings. Any winnings derived from gambling whilst the person is under exclusion is forfeited and donated to a Charity.
· Excluded persons may however enjoy the non-gaming areas such as the Complex, Restaurants, Movie theatres, etc.
What happens if the excluded person wants to take up gambling again?
· The excluded person must attend sessions with a Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Counselor who is appointed by the National Responsible Gambling Programme.
· The Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Counselor may issue the excluded person with a certificate which confirms that he or she has attended the required number of sessions.
· The excluded person must then apply in writing to SUNCOAST Casino, Hotels & Entertainment for upliftment of the exclusion order, provided that at least a period of three months of the exclusion has expired. The excluded person must also produce the above mentioned certificate as proof of attending the counseling sessions to Suncoast Casino. The upliftment is not automatically done upon application as SUNCOAST Casino, Hotels & Entertainment will consider the application and the merits thereof before reaching a decision to uphold or uplift the exclusion.